If you want to sell your course and receive payments it pretty straight forward, below are the steps for that; Moodle comes with Paypal already installed but it needs to be enabled
- Go to Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol Plugins
- Click on the icon to enable Paypal
Checking you have Paypal in your course
Now it needs to be added into the course
- In a course, go to Administration> Course administration>Users>Enrolment methods
- If you do not see PayPal, use the pull down menu "Add method" and select PayPal.
- Make sure PayPal has its "eye" opened
Setting a price for your course
- In Administration>Course Administration>Users>enrolment methods, click the edit/hand/pen icon to the right of the Paypal option.
- Give a name to this enrolment method if you wish in "Custom Instance name". (You don't have to!)
- Ensure that "allow Paypal enrolments" is set to "yes"
- In "Enrol cost", type in the cost of your course and in "Currency" choose your currency.
- Usually you would leave the "Assign role" as "student" unless you have a very special reason for allowing your users to enrol as, say, editing teachers etc
- Choose an enrolment period and/or start/end dates if desired.
- Click the "Save changes" button.
What the new user sees
- When a new user clicks on your course link, having made a login to your Moodle, they will see the following screen, inviting them to go to PayPal to purchase access to your course:
- If you wish to allow users to make their own accounts on your site then set up Email based self - registration
- Go to Administration>Site Administration>Plugins>Enrolments>Manage enrol plugins and enable (open the "eye" of Paypal)
- Click the blue Settings link to the right of the PayPal enrolment link. Here are the default settings and default settings for new instances in a course:
- Add the email of your Business PayPal account. The email settings are case sensitive and must exactly match that in PayPal.
- Choose whether to notify students/teachers/admin.
- Choose whether (or not) to allow the Paypal enrolment plugin by default in new courses
- Choose a default cost and currency. (This may be overridden in individual courses)
- Choose a default role assignment. (This means the role that a new user will automatically be given in a course when they purchase access. Usually this would be "student" unless you have a special reason for choosing another role.) This may be overridden in individual courses.
- Choose the default enrolment period. This may be overridden in individual courses.
What to set up in Paypal
- Setup your PayPal account at paypal.com
- Create a Paypal account
- Not required but recommended for selling: Upgrade your account to "Premier" status and get "Verified"
- Set the Encoding to UFT-8. In Paypal, go to "Profile > Language Encoding" (under the Selling Preferences column) and set your website's language (like select "Western European Languages (including English)" as it is the only English version). Then click on the "More Options" button and set the Encoding to "UTF-8", select "Yes" to use the same encoding for data sent from Paypay to you, and save.
- Optionally setup IPN in Paypal to interact with Moodle. Log into Paypal, go to "Profile > Instant Payment Notifications (IPN)”, click "Turn On IPN", click the "Edit settings" and enter a URL that references your IPN file in your Moodle installation (for example:http://<domain name>/moodle/enrol/paypal/ipn.php)
If you need any other payment method please send us an email on email@example.com or give us a call on 1300 913 112