This article describes the process required to successfully migrate historical training data from legacy systems into a Moodle/Learnbook solution.
Supported Legacy Systems
The following systems can be supported to migrate historical training data:
- CRM Systems
- Student Management Systems
- Learning Management Systems
- Other Systems which can provide data in CSV Format.
Legacy Moodle Sites
Note: This article is not suitable for legacy Moodle Sites. Migrating Moodle site data is possible through Moodle's Backup and Restore functionality.
The following prerequisites must be fulfilled to complete historical data migration:
- The customer has configured matching Courses and Activities in their Moodle platform.
- Activities have been allocated an ID Number which matches the information provided in their supplied data.
The customer shall provide data as a CSV spreadsheet the with the following columns:
|firstname||Learner's First Name|
|lastname||Learner's Last Name|
|Learner's Email Address|
|course||Identifying Name for the Course (must match Moodle Course ID Number)|
|activity||Identifying Name of the Activity (must match Moodle Activity ID Number)|
0-100 Numeric Grade earned by Learner
Empty values are supported for enrolled/incomplete learners.
Date Learner completed activity. Empty values are supported for enrolled/incomplete learners.
eCreators will process this file and perform the following functions:
- Create Learners which do not exist (matching username).
- Add Learning history to existing users (matching username).
- Enrol Learners into matching Courses as Manual Enrolments.
- Migrate Grades (grade/date) into matching Activities.