- Will our learners be able to access all the same features that they were accessing on the Moodle app when they transition to the Open LMS/Learnbook version?
Yes! Absolutely nothing changes. Better still, more features will be available soon.
- Our organisation also uses the Moodle desktop app, will this also be affected?
No. This will remain the same
- I have a Branded Mobile App, will I also be affected?
So that we’re able to assist with you further please contact our support team by creating a ticket - support.ecreators.com.au
- Do I have to move? I like the way that our setup is currently and I don’t want change.
Yes, but, it will be painless, we promise, and we’re rewarding you with extra features, FREE.
- Do I need to pay for the Open LMS/Learnbook version of the Mobile app?
No, only if you want a branded mobile app. The new App will give you more features and functionality than the current stock Moodle App.
- When will I need to change over? I have a large number of students and want to make sure they are all notified in advance before the Mobile app stops working
As soon as possible. Please contact us if you need assistance.
- Are there any additional features that I will get access to when I move over?
Yes, unlimited course downloads and notifications.
- Why is Moodle stopping me from accessing the free app. I thought it was open source and free for all Moodle users?
Moodle is working toward a more sustainable model with their mobile app, which means that they are charging clients to be able to access extended features, like push notifications. Open LMS / eCreators are covering the cost of these features for our Customers, which is why we’re asking our clients to move over to the Open LMS / Learnbook App.
The latest changes to the Moodle App are fixed so you can only download limited courses and receive limited notifications. They are only useful for small installations, with OpenLMS, they are completely open.
- I don’t use the Moodle Mobile App, does this change still affect me?
No, you can keep using your site as normal.
- I use Learnbook not Moodle, why am I receiving this notification?
The OpenLMS App is available to you too! Soon, there will also be a free Learnbook App on the stores. More information will be provided soon.
- Will the updates made to the Moodle Mobile app impact my Moodle site hosting?
- Will you notify our learners about this change or is this something that I will need to do?
We respect the privacy of your learners so we'll leave the notification of your learners to you.
- I’m an eCreators client, why do I need to use the Open LMS app. Don’t eCreators have an app that I can use?
eCreators are a part of the OpenLMS group, it works just the same for all!
- I’m already using the Open LMS/Learnbook app. Do I need to do anything?
Nope, nothing at all! Stay tuned for more exciting releases!
- I don’t know which app I use, how do I find out?
From your device, focus your camera on the QR code, and it will take you straight to the appropriate App Store.
- I login into the LMS on my mobile device using Safari/Google, is this the same as the app?
No, the App is a Native app which provides you with a simplified view of OpenLMS/Learnbook.
- I didn’t know there was a Mobile App available to use. How do I get access to it? I don’t know if my users are using the Mobile App, how do I find out?
The App Service needs to be activated. If it’s not activated and you want it to be, send a ticket to our support team and we’ll get it activated for you.
For eCreators clients, create a ticket - support.ecreators.com.au
- I’ve received a message telling me to contact my site administrator, what should I do?
If you receive this message, please click here to download the OpenLMS App from the App Store or the Android App from the marketplace.
Got an idea you’d like to see in the FREE OpenLMS mobile app? We’d love to hear it!
Email us here: https://community.openlms.net/